Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Start of Fall

Going through clothes is not one of my favorite things to do. It always sounds like a good idea. Putting away clothes from the previous season and getting out the ones for the new. I always forget how much stuff we really have. I kept telling Kyle that I have no idea what Mattea is going to wear this fall and winter. I was kept saying that she was born in a different season than Mari and Nadia and nothing will fit her. God always has a plan. Both Mari and Nadia were bigger than Mattea at this age so all of their clothes from the fall of their birth year are bigger than average, which means, all of their clothes fit Mattea! That means, A TON OF CLOTHES!!!


Now Nadia is slightly smaller at three than Mari, but close enough to fit into the clothes that Mari had. I need to remember that Mari has a lot of clothes from the past. It's a little ridiculous I have to say. Going through the bins for the two little ones was crazy. Pulling out pants, shirts, dresses, sweatshirts, sweaters...etc. I am almost embarrassed by how much we have. It really makes me realize how much we have to be thankful for. Not everyone can say that they have too many clothes for their kids. I think that as I put these piles of clothes away that I need to be thankful for the gifts, hand-me-downs and the ability to shop as opposed to the dread that usually comes!


Now there is a bonus that comes with having three girls. We definitely get use out of the clothes! What the oldest wears, the middle ones wears, and the baby. And I have to admit, there are a few outfits that I can't wait for them to wear. I'll be honest. There is some sinful pride to some of the outfits. Hmmmm....is that wrong? I'm guessing so. I don't think that God gave people the ability to make cute clothes for my pride and vanity of my young.


Ah, well. Here are some pictures of the craziness....Enjoy the change of season!


No comments: