Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Does life ever slow down?

Yesterday I had my regular doctor appointment and while I was there they checked the baby's heart rate, as usual. It seems that her heart was going over 190 beats per minute. Normally her heart rate is in the 150's or so. So I had to be monitored for a little while. Thankfully her rate did decrease, but not until I was laying on my left side. So now I have to go have an earlier ultrasound. I was supposed to wait another week or so but my doctor wants to make sure that there is enough fluid around her as well as to see her position and find out how big she is.

On top of that we were in the ER tonight....not for me! Mari was playing in our room and from what we can gather from her she was playing on my nightstand trying to turn my lamp on. She fell and cut her left eyebrow. It swelled up right away and was bleeding pretty bad. We brought her in and thankfully they decided to use surgical glue to close the cut as opposed to stitches. It was still horrible. They had to swaddle her up like a mummy and hold her down. They only way we could get her even remotely calm was when I would sing to her. Thankfully she did great and it's all done with! We are very thankful that it wasn't lower....it would have poke her eye out!

I will try and post some pictures of her soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lis- I think this must be the age for increase in activity and curosity!! Amelia has gotten very active and busy lately. Maybe it's just because we have slowed down. Hope everything goes well with your ultrasound. I had my 36 week check today and things are going great- blood pressure is fine and I'm dilated to 1 cm. Would love to visit with you sometime. Janelle